The UHP-130 Satellite Modem is a high-performance Satellite modem designed specifically for large-scale deployment in broadband VSAT networks operating over High Throughput Satellites. The UHP-130 Satellite Modem can process up to 150 000 IP packets per second, 225 Mbps of traffic and two carriers up to 500 Msps. The UHP-130 Satellite Modem achieves this in a super-compact form factor, with low power consumption (less than 8W) and the most efficient utilization of the satellite resource. The UHP-130 Satellite Modem features up to 256APSK modulation, 5% spectral roll-off, adaptive modulation and coding, adaptive power control and 96% efficient TDMA protocol. This UHP-130 Satellite Modem is a good fit for rack-mountable TDM/TDMA terminals or can be used as a multi-channel SCPC receiver / concentrator.
The UHP-130 Satellite Modem is supplied in a compact 1U chassis for installation in a standard 19 inch rack. The built-in power supply ensures reliable operations of the router itself and of the outdoor RF equipment from multiple vendors. Low power consumption, optional DC power input, and uniquely fast start on power-up facilitate use of alternative power sources, such as solar batteries.
UHP-130 Satellite Modem features:
- High-performance TDM/TDMA Satellite Router with aggregate throughput up to 225 Mbps
- Two independent DVB demodulators with separate IF inputs and rate up to 500 Msps
- Efficient DVB-S2/S2X ACM modulations with 5% or 20% roll-off and support for HTS
- MF-TDMA modulator with innovative protocol and proven efficiency of 96% compared to SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation and transmission power control in forward and return channels
- Dual satellite or dual band operations with dynamic traffic balancing and automatic beam switching
- Superior IP router productivity up to 150,000 PPS, rich set of supported protocols
- Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPv6 transport
- Support of VLAN, multilevel QoS, RT traffic, TCP acceleration, AES encryption
- Built-in adaptive hierarchic traffic shaper specially designed for VSAT applications
- Two Ethernet user ports with built-in switch simplifies connection of CPE and maintenance
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- Support of 1:1 automatic redundancy schemes without external controller
UHP Networks Inc. is engaged in development, manufacturing and marketing of satellite networking equipment. Its core products include universal satellite routers UHP and advanced Network Management System. UHP is the industry’s first fully software-defined, high-throughput VSAT router, which can be used in a network of any size and any topology either as remote or a building block of a VSAT hub. UHP-powered solutions are efficient and reliable, with industry-best total cost of ownership. These solutions have been deployed in over 370 networks by Tier 1 telecom service providers, broadcasters and government agencies.