XipLink XS-SCPS TCP accelerators deliver the satellite and wireless industries’ most advanced performance in easily installed appliances, assuring exceptional throughput at a nominal capital cost. XipLink offers four models of SCPS accelerators, supporting links with aggregate capacities up to 650 Mbps and 100,000 TCP sessions to dramatically increase throughput to end users.
XipLink’s high-performance and efficient kernel-based solution scales to support HTS satellite and wireless backhaul links. XipLink accelerators uniquely support the highest session counts per capital cost due to their scalable dynamic socket buffer design. XipLink has implemented the open and interoperable Space Communication Protocol Standard – Transport Protocol (SCPS-TP), as defined in CCSDS 714.0-B-2, ISO 15893:2010 and MIL-STD-2045-44000.
XipLink devices work over any wireless, wireline or hybrid network including the following network technologies;
• VSAT, Trunk and Access – TDMA / SCPC / Mesh
• Terrestrial Wireless – WiMax / Microwave / Extended Wi-Fi
• Cellular – 2.5G / 3G / 4G
• MSS & MEO – Inmarsat, Iridium, O3b and similar systems
XipLink Accelerator Hardware Models & Specifications
(In + Out)
|Max. TCP Sessions||Fail to Wire
|XS-SCPS/4000||20 Mbps||4000||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes*||Yes (XA-4000C)|
|XS-SCPS/20K||100 Mbps||20,000||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes*||Yes*||Yes (XA-20K)|
|XS-SCPS/30K||200 Mbps||30,000||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes*||Yes*||Yes (XA-30K)|
|XS-SCPS/100K||650 Mbps||100,000||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes*||No||Yes (XA-100K)|
XipLink’s XS-SCPS TCP accelerator product line provides exceptional investment protection. The model range offers industry-leading acceleration throughput and TCP session counts initially, while also supporting software upgradeability from XS-SCPS to equivalent scale, fully-featured XA models to enable the entire complement of wireless optimization features, if required. XipLink’s full feature set includes header compression and coalescing for VoIP, cellular backhaul and real-time traffic, web and byte caching for significant bandwidth savings on repetitive traffic and link balancing and bonding to incrementally scale and add redundancy via aggregation of multiple wireless links.
XIPLINK – Operating System
SCPS-TP Protocol Acceleration – Fills the wireless link to capacity
- SCPS-TP based TCP acceleration.
- Interoperable PEP (I-PEP) compliant.
- Fast Start saves 1 RTT for HTTP (web) requests.
- XipLink Transport Control (XTC) Modes:
– Enhanced TCP
– Fixed Rate Control
– Dynamic Rate Control
– Delay-Based Rate Control
TCP Payload Data Compression – Exceeds the wireless link bandwidth
- Dramatic bandwidth gain, as high as 30%to 200%.
- Stream based data compression:
– Higher savings than packet based compression
– Reduces packet count by better filling packets
– Works on unencrypted data flows
Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) – Shape the wireless link bandwidth
– Intelligent traffic shaping.
– Hierarchical QoS classes.
– Configurable committed, maximum rates.
Transparent VLAN 802.1Q Acceleration – Accelerates VLAN tagged TCP traffic
- Transparent bridging for 4.096 VLANs.
- Traffic isolation per VLAN with acceleration.
- VLAN-aware TCP layer prevents data leaks.
Transparent GRE Tunnel Acceleration – Accelerates TCP traffic carried in GRE tunnels
- Preserves GRE tunnels for transparency.
- Allows for maximum performance inside GRE.
Optional Hub-Only Internet Optimizations – Compress & control the explosion of data & video traffic
- XipLink Hub Optimizations (XHO).
- Gzip lossless compression for HTTP traffic.
- XiPix JPEG transcoding for bandwidth savings.
- HTTP/QoS prioritizes content under congestion
Optional Integrated IPsec Encryption VPN Capability – Accelerate, compress & secure traffic in a single device
- Implements AES data encryption standard.
- VPN configuration management GUI included.
H x W x D *
44 x 438 x 415 mm
|10.0 kg||-5° to 50°C||
1.7 x 17.2 x 16.3 in
32° to 122°F