The UHP-280 Satellite Modem is a universal VSAT modem with Software-Defined Architecture. The UHP-280 Satellite Modem packs industry-highest processing capability into a very compact size with power consumption under 12W. It can process up to 650 Mbps of aggregate traffic. The UHP-280 Satellite Modem comprises two DVB demodulators, multichannel TDMA burst demodulators, a universal wideband TDMA/SCPC modulator and a powerful IP router. The high processing capability allows implementation of uniquely efficient protocols for network access, resource allocation and data encapsulation as well as support for advanced MODCODs.
UHP-280 Satellite Modem features:
- World’s fastest VSAT router with aggregate throughput up to 650 Mbps, powerful UHP-RTOS
- Two independent DVB demodulators with software-switchable IF inputs and rate up to 500 Msps
- Efficient DVB-S2/S2X ACM modulations with 5% or 20% roll-off and support for HTS
- One MF-TDMA demodulator with innovative protocol and proven efficiency of 96% vs. SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) in forward/return channels, including SCPC/TDMA modes
- Various modes of operation and topologies: SCPC, TDM/TDMA Star&Mesh, Hubless TDMA
- HTS-ready VSAT with support of multiple beams, bands, satellites reception with traffic balancing
- Superior IP router productivity up to 190,000 PPS and rich set of supported protocols, QoS
- Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPV6 transport
- Two Gigabyte Ethernet user ports with built-in switch simplifies scalability and connection of CPE
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- Industry’s most compact full-scale 1U Hub with scalable MF-TDMA channels
- 1:1 automatic redundancy without external controllers or M:N Smart Redundancy
UHP Networks Inc. is engaged in development, manufacturing and marketing of satellite networking equipment. Its core products include universal satellite routers UHP and advanced Network Management System. UHP is the industry’s first fully software-defined, high-throughput VSAT router, which can be used in a network of any size and any topology either as remote or a building block of a VSAT hub. UHP-powered solutions are efficient and reliable, with industry-best total cost of ownership. These solutions have been deployed in over 370 networks by Tier 1 telecom service providers, broadcasters and government agencies.