The UHP-231 Satellite Modem is based on a new advanced hardware platform and is backward compatible with the previous generations of UHP modems. The UHP-231 Satellite Modem with additional processing power allows to reduce the bandwidth consumption and improve the user experience with help of intelligent optimization and acceleration value-added software. The UHP-231 Satellite Modem comprises of multichannel DVB and MF TDMA demodulators, a universal SCPC/TDMA modulator, a powerful IP router and a multipurpose embedded computer. The primary application of the UHP-231 Satellite Modem is in 2G/3G/LTE Cellular Backhaul. The UHP-231 Satellite Modem is also a good fit for M2M networks, where the embedded computer can perform additional tasks to collect and process data using a customized software.
The UHP-231 single-box intelligent router supports various network topologies, including SCPC links, TDM/SCPC, TDM/TDMA Star, TDM/TDMA Mesh and Hubless TDMA networks.
Multiple demodulators allow simultaneous reception of two TDM or SCPC carriers and group of TDMA mesh carriers from two distinct satellite beams or from two antennas. Universal modulator can instantaneously switch from TDMA burst mode to SCPC mode, thus assuring high data throughout and efficiency.
UHP-231 router is supplied in a compact 1U chassis for installation in a standard 19 inch rack. Built-in AC power supply with high power rating and 10 MHz frequency reference ensure reliable operation of the router itself and of the outdoor RF equipment from multiple vendors. Low power consumption, optional DC power input, and uniquely fast start on power up facilitate use of alternative power sources, such as solar batteries.
UHP-231 Satellite Modem features:
- World’s fastest VSAT router with aggregate throughput up to 450 Mbps, powerful UHP-RTOS
- Two independent DVB demodulators with software-switchable IF inputs and rate up to 500 Msps
- Efficient DVB-S2/S2X ACM modulations with 5% or 20% roll-off and support for HTS
- One MF-TDMA demodulator with innovative protocol and proven efficiency of 96% vs. SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) in forward/return channels, including SCPC/TDMA modes
- Various modes of operation and topologies: SCPC, TDM/TDMA, TDM/TDMA Mesh, Hubless TDMA
- Made for HTS VSAT with support of multiple beams, bands, traffic balancing
- Superior IP router productivity up to 190,000 PPS and rich set of supported protocols
- Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPV6 transport
- Embedded computer for advanced data processing with backhaul optimization, traffic acceleration
- Optional 2G/3G/LTE backhaul optimization, GTP decoding, TCP acceleration, payload compression
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- 1:1 automatic redundancy without external controllers or M:N Smart Redundancy
UHP Networks Inc. is engaged in development, manufacturing and marketing of satellite networking equipment. Its core products include universal satellite routers UHP and advanced Network Management System. UHP is the industry’s first fully software-defined, high-throughput VSAT router, which can be used in a network of any size and any topology either as remote or a building block of a VSAT hub. UHP-powered solutions are efficient and reliable, with industry-best total cost of ownership. These solutions have been deployed in over 370 networks by Tier 1 telecom service providers, broadcasters and government agencies.