The UHP-210 Satellite Modem is based on a new advanced hardware platform and is backward compatible with previous generations of UHP routers. The UHP-210 Satellite Modem comprises multi-channel DVB and MF TDMA demodulators, a universal SCPC/TDMA modulator and a powerful IP router. The UHP-210 Satellite Modems primary application is complex remote TDM/TDMA or Hubless TDMA terminal with high throughput and multi-mode operation. This universal UHP-210 Satellite Modem can also be used as a compact TDM/TDMA Hub. The UHP-210s Efficient DVB-S2/S2X ACM modulations utilise 5% or 20% roll-off in support of High throughput satellites.
The UHP-210 Satellite modem innovative algorithms for network access, resource allocation and data encapsulation as well as advanced modulation and coding, implemented in the UHP routers, ensure efficient utilization of satellite resource.
Multiple demodulators allow simultaneous reception of two TDM or SCPC carriers and group of TDMA mesh carriers from two distinct satellite beams or from two antennas. Universal modulator can instantaneously switch from TDMA burst mode to SCPC mode.
The UHP-210 satellite modem is implemented as a compact single card ideal for integration into third-party OEM products. The router card has LED indicators, SMA or F type IF connectors and user LAN interfaces. Optionally, the router card can be equipped with the asynchronous LVTTL data port. Low power consumption and uniquely fast start upon power-up facilitate use of alternative power sources.
UHP-210 Satellite Modem features:
- World’s fastest VSAT router with aggregate throughput up to 450 Mbps and powerful UHP-RTOS
- Two independent DVB demodulators with software-switchable IF inputs and rate up to 500 Msps
- Efficient DVB-S2/S2X ACM modulations with 5% or 20% roll-off and support for HTS
- MF-TDMA demodulator with innovative protocol and proven efficiency of 96% vs. SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) in forward/return channels, including SCPC/TDMA modes
- Various modes of operation and topologies: SCPC, TDM/ TDMA Star&Mesh, Hubless TDMA
- HTS-ready VSAT with support of multiple beams, bands, satellites reception with traffic balancing
- Superior IP router productivity up to 190,000 pps and rich set of supported protocols, QoS
- Support of Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPV6 transport
- Two Gigabyte Ethernet user’s ports with built-in switch simplifies scalability and connection of CPE
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- Low power consumption, fast start, and extended range of operational temperatures
- Support of 1:1 or 1:N automatic redundancy schemes without use of external controllers
UHP Networks Inc. is engaged in development, manufacturing and marketing of satellite networking equipment. Its core products include universal satellite routers UHP and advanced Network Management System. UHP is the industry’s first fully software-defined, high-throughput VSAT router, which can be used in a network of any size and any topology either as remote or a building block of a VSAT hub. UHP-powered solutions are efficient and reliable, with industry-best total cost of ownership. These solutions have been deployed in over 370 networks by Tier 1 telecom service providers, broadcasters and government agencies.