Paradise pioneered the very first satellite modem redundancy systems in the industry many years ago. Now fully re-engineered for the Teledyne Q-NET satellite network solution, the PDQS 1:N Redundancy Switch protects up to 16 traffic modems that can all be running completely different services (IF, L-band, different terrestrial interfaces, different waveforms, etc.). The Teledyne Q-NET PDQS Redundancy Switch keeps the backup modem separate from the redundancy switch, allowing hot-swapping in the event of either a redundancy switch or backup modem failure. The backup modem can be any QFlex-400, QMultiFlex-400 or Q-Lite modem’s
The Teledyne Q-NET PDQS Redundancy Switch can be used to protect both point-to-point and point-to-multipoint services. In the case of the QMultiFlex400, it can protect up to 16 shared outbound services and up to 128 inbound services at the same time, ensuring extremely high system availability for very little extra expenditure.
The Teledyne Q-NET PDQS Redundancy Switch requires a P3717 1:N interface card to be fitted inside the backup modem, plus an umbilical cable that attaches between the modem 1:N card and the redundancy switch for control purposes. When fitted with the 1:N card, any production modem will automatically function not only as a normal traffic modem but also as a controller for the redundancy switch.
Teledyne 1:N Redundancy Modem Switch Features:
- Modular 3U low-cost chassis (optionally provided as a full turnkey solution consisting of fully wired, modem rack systems)
- Supports IP, G.703 E1/T1 and E2/T2 rates and EIA-530 traffic
- Scalable up to 1 for 16 traffic protection
- Backup modem and Switch can each be replaced without affecting traffic
- Traffic modem prioritisation
- Redundant power supplies for maximum Reliability
- Configuration via backup modem web or local user interface
- Supports data rates up to 200Mbps
- IF transponder switching option (not required for L-band)
- L-band polarisation switching option
- Supports all QFlex-400, QMultiFlex-400 and Q-Lite modems
Teledyne Paradise Datacom develops innovative satellite modems, solid state power amplifiers (SSPA), low noise amplifiers (LNA), block up converters (BUC) and related subsystems for leading SATCOM organizations worldwide in the military and commercial markets. Teledyne Paradise Datacom is a part of Teledyne Microwave Solutions.