The Radyne DMD20 Universal Satellite Modem breaks new ground in flexibility, operation and cost. The Radyne DMD20 Universal Satellite Modem standards including IDR, IBS and DVB, and covering data rates up to 20 Mbps, this 1RU duplex modem covers virtually all your Satellite IP, Telecom, Video and Internet applications. The Radyne DMD20 Universal Satellite Modem can switch between spur-free 70/140 MHz operation and L-Band without any configuration changes as both interfaces are active similtaniously.
The Radyne DMD20 Universal Satellite Modem now offers DoubleTalk® Carrier-in-Carrier® bandwidth compression, based on patented “Adaptive Cancellation” technology, allows transmit and receive carriers of a duplex link to share the same transponder space. DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier is complementary to all advances in modem technology, including advanced FEC and modulation techniques. As these technologies approach theoretical limits of power and bandwidth efficiency, DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier utilising advanced signal processing techniques provides a new dimension in bandwidth and power efficiency.
The extensive list of software options allows for budgeting the modem for today’s needs while covering tomorrow’s plans. These options can be purchased and then activated in seconds via the front panel.
Radyne DMD20 Universal Satellite Modem Features:
- DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression
- BPSK/QPSK/OQPSK/8PSK/8-QAM/16-QAM operation
- 2.4 kbps to 20 Mbps, 1 bps steps
- FEC – Viterbi, Reed-Solomon, Sequential, Trellis, TPC, LDPC
- Configuration, monitor and control features fully user-programmable
- Excellent spurious performance
- Fully compliant with IESS-308/309/310/314/315
- Optional DVB to EN301-210 and EN300-421
- Industry-standard universal interface module
- Fast acquisition
- 50 to 90 MHz and 100 to 180 MHz IF, and 950 to 2050 MHz L-Band in 1 Hz steps
- Standard features include: Reed-Solomon, asynchronous overhead, satellite control channel and automatic uplink power control
- SCPC / MCPC Links
Comtech EF Data Corporation is a leading supplier of satellite bandwidth and link optimisation. Our high-performance satellite communications infrastructure solutions feature groundbreaking efficiency, robust intelligence and unparalleled horsepower. Commercial and government users around the world utilise our solution suite to reduce OPEX/CAPEX and to increase throughput for the most demanding fixed and mobile networks.
Comtech offers Satellite Ground Station Technology including satellite earth station products such as a single channel per carrier (SCPC) modems, Advanced VSAT modems, and satellite based travelling wave tube amplifiers (TWTAs). Comtech participates in a number of growth markets including satellite based cellular backhaul, HD television broadcast and in-flight connectivity.