The Radyne DMD20 LBST L-Band Satellite Modem breaks new ground in flexibility, operation and cost. The Radyne DMD20 LBST L-Band Satellite Modem supports standards including IDR, IBS and DVB, and covering data rates up to 20 Mbps, this 1RU duplex modem covers virtually all your Satellite IP, Telecom, Video and Internet applications.
The Radyne DMD20 LBST L-Band Satellite Modem now offers DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression. DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier, based on patented “Adaptive Cancellation” technology, allows transmit and receive carriers of a duplex link to share the same transponder space. DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier is complementary to all advances in modem technology, including advanced FEC and modulation techniques as these technologies approach theoretical limits of power and bandwidth efficiency, DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier utilizing advanced signal processing techniques provides a new dimension in bandwidth and power efficiency.
The Radyne DMD20 LBST L-Band Satellite Modem’s FSK Communications Link allows the full use of all supported smart BUCs monitor and control parameters. From the front panel, a quick status will be displayed, and the most commonly used control parameters can be modified. Additionally, the FSK Communications Link will be accessed by the DMD20 LBST terminal port, remote port, and the Ethernet port (Web browser/SNMP). From any of these connections, the operator can issue any valid ASCII command or request to the smart BUC. Multiple ports can be used simultaneously without affecting the performance of the system.
Radyne DMD20 LBST L-Band Satellite Modem Features:
- DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression
- Web browser interface
- FSK M&C channel for smart BUCs
- Integrated 10 MHz high-stability reference
- Programmable 13, 15, 18, or 20 VDC for LNB
- Optional 24 or 48 VDC for up to 10 W BUC
- 950 to 2050 MHz L-Band TX/RX operation
- BPSK/QPSK/OQPSK/8PSK/8-QAM/16-QAM operation
- 2.4 kbps to 20 Mbps, 1 bps steps
- Configuration, monitor and control features full user-programmable
- FEC – Viterbi, Reed-Solomon, Sequential, Trellis, TPC, Low Density Parity Check Code (LDPC)
- Excellent spurious performance
- Fully compliant with IESS-308/309/310/314/315
- Optional DVB to EN301-210 and EN300-421
- Industry-standard universal interface module
- Standard features include: Reed-Solomon, Asynchronous Overhead, automatic uplink power control and CM701 compatible satellite control channel
- SCPC / MCPC Links
Comtech EF Data Corporation is a leading supplier of satellite bandwidth and link optimisation. Our high-performance satellite communications infrastructure solutions feature groundbreaking efficiency, robust intelligence and unparalleled horsepower. Commercial and government users around the world utilise our solution suite to reduce OPEX/CAPEX and to increase throughput for the most demanding fixed and mobile networks.
Comtech offers Satellite Ground Station Technology including satellite earth station products such as a single channel per carrier (SCPC) modems, Advanced VSAT modems, and satellite based travelling wave tube amplifiers (TWTAs). Comtech participates in a number of growth markets including satellite based cellular backhaul, HD television broadcast and in-flight connectivity.