Optimisation of application, network, and security performance requires a real-world approach to testing. AppStorm helps users validate the performance of application-aware devices and networks using our extensive library of prebuilt application flows. Emulate clients, servers, and real application traffic at tremendous scale to evaluate the performance of SD-WAN gateways, Next Generation Firewalls, IPS/IDS Systems, DPI, and Anti-DDoS readiness. Mix in malware streams to measure the network’s effectiveness in stopping security attacks.
Netropy AppStorm is available on high performance appliances and virtual machines. Configure tests with ease on the feature-rich, browser-based GUI or with our comprehensive RESTful API for increased automation. Run multiple tests at once and keep them running in the background, collaborate with your team, and easily connect and perform tests from anywhere.
Netropy AppStorm Virtual Edition Features:
- Emulation of several thousand end points with unique MAC and IP addresses
- Application library consisting of 1000+ apps
- Threat attack library of 40,000 malware flows and growing
- Monthly application database update
- Evasion techniques
- Customizable test reports
- Ability to specify range of MAC addresses, IP addresses
- Ability to identify and pin-point packet causing crash
- Statistics per application which also include flow direction of the blocked application
- Automated testing with a RESTful API
- Integrates with Netropy network emulators
- Easy to use and intuitive web-based user interface
Netropy AppStorm Virtual Edition Capabilities:
- Performance benchmark application aware devices and systems like SD-WAN gateways, NextGen Firewalls, IPS/IDS Systems, DPI, and Anti-DDoS readiness
- Choose from a large and constantly growing library of pre-built application flows for Video Streaming, Social Media, SaaS, E-Commerce, Finance, Gaming, Chat, Web Conference, and many others
- Test with hundreds of individual application flows for many applications such as, Netflix, Oracle, SAP, Facebook Twitter, Uber, Zoom
- Evaluate the performance of vendor solutions and service provider networks before deployment
- Measure the impact of QoS policies on application performance and end-user experience
- Configure custom traffic flows with a mix of applications, protocols, and user behaviour that mimic your production network traffic
- Ensure that malware is stopped while authorized traffic passes through to its destination
Apposite’s pioneering experience in the development of WAN acceleration products highlighted the need for network emulation tools that provided the precision required for reliable testing, without the cost and complexity that put existing tools out of reach for most users. This led directly to the founding of Apposite Technologies in 2005 to fulfill the mission of making application testing ubiquitous. Apposite’s network emulation products are used by 2,500 leading enterprises, network application developers, government and military organizations, and telecommunications carriers around the world.