XICOM – XTD-750X Low PIM, High Power 750W, X-Band, GaN SATCOM SSPA
Xicom Products Designed for fixed and transportable terminals needing high power density with high efficiency in challenging environments are flexible, high-performance, AC-powered, antenna-mount outdoor SSPAs/BUCs that offer many features and options including internal L-band BUCs. The XTD-750 is a compact, self-contained, antenna mountable power amplifier designed for low cost installation and long life. The XTD-750 design eliminates the need for an amplifier shelter as well as a long waveguide run between the amplifier and antenna feed horn. RF filters, cooling, and monitoring & control (M&C) systems are all self-contained within the High Power Amplifier (HPA). These features provide high reliability, low maintenance costs, and low replacement costs.
The XTD-750 uses high efficiency, dual-stage collector Traveling Wave Tubes (TWT). Some benefits of this type of tube are: reduced prime power consumption, lower internal operating temperatures, reliability enhancement.
Xicom is the world leader in innovative TWTA design. Xicom’s outdoor antenna mounted TWTAs are known worldwide for their reliable operation and long life. Acclaimed for their compact and highly efficient design, Xicom’s antenna-mount amplifiers dramatically reduce both installation and operation costs. Products span C-band to V-band with high power and efficiency.
Xicom High Power 750W SSPA FEATURES
- Compact, self-contained design
- 27.3 Kilograms Antenna Mount Package
- Power levels from 50W to 1250W
- High efficiency for low operating cost
- Weatherized for -40°C to +60°C operation. No shelter required
- Internal cooling, RF filters
- M&C Interface: RS-232/422/485
- Efficient 2450 VA Maximum, 1400 VA Typical
- Power 100-260 VAC, 47 to 63 Hz, Single Phase
- Power factor correction
- CE certified
- Detected RF and gain control
- Serial and Ethernet control
Xicom XTD-750X Low PIM OPTIONS
- Remote External Controllers
- C-, X-, Ku-, DBS – Ka-, Q-, V- (Contact Factory for Specific Bands)
- 1:1, 1:2, and 1:N redundancy
- 1+1, 4-way and 8-way power combining
- Extended frequency coverage
- Integrated linearizers (Standard on many models)
- All TWTAs are available with integrated BUCs
- *Liquid Cooling on 250, 500, 750, and 1250 models
MODEL, Frequency Band Range & Power Outputs
NOTE: During manufacturing, each SSPA is tuned to a particular band, frequency range and only covers that specified band and range.
A separate brochure is available for each of the ranges listed below upon request.
|Model||C-Band Frequency Parameters||Available Frequency Bands||TWT Power (W)||Flange Power (W)|
|XTD-750X Low PIM
|X-Band Frequency Range||7.90 to 8.40 GHz||750||650|
RF Output Power
- Traveling Wave Tube: 750 Watts PSAT 56.02 dBm (750W)
- Rated Power @ Amplifier Flange 55.4 dBm (350W)
- Intermodulation (maximum) -18 dBc with two equal carriers @ 4dB total output power backoff from rated power.
- Harmonic Output (maximum) -60 dBc
- AM/PM Conversion (maximum) 2.5 deg/dB at 6 dB below rated output power
Frequency & Gain Characteristics
- Output Frequency: 7.9 to 8.4 GHz (other options available)
- Input Frequency: 950 to 1450 MHz (With Optional BUC)
- Input Level, No Damage +10 dBm max
- Small Signal (typical) 70 dB ±5 dB
- Gain Attenuation Range 25 dB in 0.1 dB steps
- Gain Variation (over 40 MHz) 1.0 dB per 40 MHz
- Gain Variation (over full band) 2.5 dB/575 MHz
- Gain Slope (max) ± 0.04 dB/MHz
- Gain Stability, over 24 hours ± 0.25 dB maximum
- Gain Variation over Temp ± 1.0 dB over temperature range at any frequency
Product Data Brochure to be Added
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.