The Comtech SLM-5650B Satellite Modem is our latest generation USARSTRAT WGS certified modem product targeted for critical commercial backhaul and government and military applications. The Comtech SLM-5650B Satellite Modem is fully compliant with MIL-STD-188-165A/B and fully complies with STANAG 4486 Edition 3, Annex E (EBEM) and supports FIPS 140-2 certified encryption.
The Comtech SLM-5650B Satellite Modem leverages the heritage and feature set of our very successful SLM-5650A modem. The SLM-5650B supports backwards compatibility / inter-operability for existing Comtech SLM-5650A networks while providing enhanced performance and new features.
The SLM-5650B is compliant with the strict requirements defined in MIL-STD-188-165A, modem types I, II, IV, V and VI for applications
on DSCS, WGS and commercial satellites. Data rates from 8 kbps to 155 Mbps and symbol rates from 32 ksps to 64 Msps are supported. The modem provides standard MIL-STD-188-114 (EIA-530 / RS-422), and EIA-613 (HSSI) serial interfaces, and can be optionally configured to support G.703 and Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) serial interfaces. It can also optionally be equipped with a 4-port 10/100 /1000Base-T Ethernet Network Processor module that supports switching, routing and advanced Quality of Service protocols.
The SLM-5650B can be integrated with the Vipersat Management System (VMS) to provide fully automated network and capacity management (future software upgrade). An AES-256 TRANSEC module, compliant with the FIPS 140-2 standard, is also available as an option. All traffic (including overhead and all VMS control traffic) is encrypted when using the TRANSEC module.
Comtech SLM-5650B Satellite Modem Features:
- MIL-STD-188-165A compliant (Types I, II, IV, V, VI)
- Selectable 70/140 MHz and 950 – 2000 MHz IFs
- AES-256 TRANSEC, FIPS 140-2 certified
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation with Vipersat Management System (future software upgrade)
- Support for bridged point-to-multipoint network architecture
- BPSK, QPSK, OQPSK, 8PSK, 8-QAM, 16-QAM
- Viterbi, Reed Solomon, Trellis, Sequential, Turbo Product Code (TPC), EBEM, & Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) FEC
- FEC rates 1/1, 5/16, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, and others
- Direct sequence spread spectrum, integer factors 2,3,4…510, 511, 512
- Direct sequence spread spectrum, chip rates up to 64Mcps
- 8 kbps to 155.52 Mbps
- IESS-308, -309, -310, -315
- ASYNC RS-485 overhead channel & AUPC
- Asymmetrical loop timing & data source bit synchronization
- Ethernet interface for remote control using HTTP, Telnet and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- EIA-485 and EIA-232 interface for remote control
Comtech EF Data Corporation is a leading supplier of satellite bandwidth and link optimisation. Our high-performance satellite communications infrastructure solutions feature groundbreaking efficiency, robust intelligence and unparalleled horsepower. Commercial and government users around the world utilise our solution suite to reduce OPEX/CAPEX and to increase throughput for the most demanding fixed and mobile networks.
Comtech offers Satellite Ground Station Technology including satellite earth station products such as a single channel per carrier (SCPC) modems, Advanced VSAT modems, and satellite based travelling wave tube amplifiers (TWTAs). Comtech participates in a number of growth markets including satellite based cellular backhaul, HD television broadcast and in-flight connectivity.