The Comtech SLM-5650A Satellite Modem is compliant with the strict requirements defined in MIL-STD-188-165A, modem types I, II, IV, V and VI for applications on DSCS, WGS and commercial satellites. The Comtech SLM-5650A Satellite Modem supports data rates from 8 kbps to 155 Mbps and symbol rates from 32 ksps to 64 Msps are supported. The Comtech SLM-5650A Satellite Modem provides standard MIL-STD-188-114 (EIA-530 / RS-422), and EIA-613 (HSSI) serial interfaces, and can be optionally configured to support G.703 and Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) serial interfaces. The Comtech SLM-5650A Satellite Modem can also optionally be equipped with a 4-port 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet Network Processor module that supports switching, routing and advanced Quality of Service protocols.
The Comtech SLM-5650A Satellite Modem can be integrated with the Vipersat Management System (VMS) to provide fully automated network and capacity management. An AES-256 TRANSEC module, compliant with the FIPS-140-2 NIST standard is also available as an option. All traffic (including overhead and all VMS control traffic) is encrypted when using the TRANSEC module. Advanced forward error correction (FEC) capabilities are a Comtech EF Data standard feature. Viterbi, Trellis, Concatenated Reed-Solomon, Sequential, Turbo Product Codes, and Low Density Parity Check codes (LDPC) are all supported.
Comtech SLM-5650A Satellite Modem Features:
- MIL-STD-188-165A compliant (Types I, II, IV, V, VI)
- Selectable 70/140 MHz and 950 – 2000 MHz IFs
- AES-256 TRANSEC, FIPS-140-2 L2 certified
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation with Vipersat Management System
- Support for bridged point-to-multipoint network architecture
- DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression
- BPSK, QPSK, OQPSK, 8PSK, 8-QAM, 16-QAM
- Viterbi, Reed Solomon, Trellis, Sequential, Turbo Product Code (TPC), & Low Density Parity Check FEC
- FEC rates 1/1, 5/16, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, and others
- Direct sequence spread spectrum, integer factors 2-128, plus 256 and 512
- 8 kbps to 155.52 Mbps
- IESS-308, -309, -310, -315
- ASYNC RS-485 overhead channel & AUPC
- Asymmetrical loop timing & data source bit synchronization
- Ethernet interface for remote control using HTTP, Telnet and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- EIA-485 and EIA-232 interface for remote control
Comtech EF Data Corporation is a leading supplier of satellite bandwidth and link optimisation. Our high-performance satellite communications infrastructure solutions feature groundbreaking efficiency, robust intelligence and unparalleled horsepower. Commercial and government users around the world utilise our solution suite to reduce OPEX/CAPEX and to increase throughput for the most demanding fixed and mobile networks.
Comtech offers Satellite Ground Station Technology including satellite earth station products such as a single channel per carrier (SCPC) modems, Advanced VSAT modems, and satellite based travelling wave tube amplifiers (TWTAs). Comtech participates in a number of growth markets including satellite based cellular backhaul, HD television broadcast and in-flight connectivity.