The Comtech CRS-500 1:N Modem Redundancy System is the next generation 1:N Modem Redundancy System. Intended for hub applications, it provides automatic or manual protection for up to 10 Traffic (or prime) modems with one redundant (or standby) modem. The Comtech CRS-500 1:N Modem Redundancy System supports the CDM-625/625A, CDM-760 and CDM-750 modems for select interfaces. The CDM-625/625A is supported when using the 10/100 Packet Processor mode. The CDM-750/760 is supported when using the ASI, G.703, Gig-E native interface or Gig-E Packet Processor interface (packet processor and ASI only available on the CDM-760).
The Comtech CRS-500 1:N Modem Redundancy System consists of the following components:
- Comtech CRS-530 M&C Controller
- Cometch CRS-280 IF Switch
- Comtech CRS-280L L Band Switch
- Comtech Data Switch Unit (DSU)
Comtech CRS-500 1:N Modem Redundancy System Features:
- Flexible 1:10 (max.) configuration
- Primary traffic paths are maintained, error-free, when power is removed
- Non-interruption of traffic data when Traffic Modem Interface (TMI) cards are removed
- Bridge mode (hot-standby) redundant modem to ensure quick availability for backup
- Programmable hold-off times to backup or restore
- Programmable preference Selectable Prime Traffic Modem
- Remote (Ethernet or serial) Monitor and Control to switch
- Multiple user interfaces (Web/HTTP, SNMP, MIB, Front panel)
- LED summary panel showing switch and modem status, bridge and online/offline
- Dual independent & hot-swappable/uninterrupted AC or DC power supplies
- Audible alarm programmable to activate, based on various changes in status
Comtech EF Data Corporation is a leading supplier of satellite bandwidth and link optimisation. Our high-performance satellite communications infrastructure solutions feature groundbreaking efficiency, robust intelligence and unparalleled horsepower. Commercial and government users around the world utilise our solution suite to reduce OPEX/CAPEX and to increase throughput for the most demanding fixed and mobile networks.
Comtech offers Satellite Ground Station Technology including satellite earth station products such as a single channel per carrier (SCPC) modems, Advanced VSAT modems, and satellite based travelling wave tube amplifiers (TWTAs). Comtech participates in a number of growth markets including satellite based cellular backhaul, HD television broadcast and in-flight connectivity.