The Comtech CDM-760 Advanced High-Speed Modem is designed to be the most efficient, highest throughput, point-to-point modem available. The Comtech CDM-760 Advanced High-Speed Modem is designed to accommodate the most demanding Internet Service Providers, Broadcasters, and cellular backhaul links by offering users the most advanced combination of space segment saving capabilities while minimising overhead.
The CDM-760 Advanced High-Speed Trunking and Broadcast Modem builds on our award-winning family of high-speed, ultra efficient trunking modems. The CDM-760 further enhances our offerings to include ultra wide band symbol rates, near theoretical performance with minimal implementation loss, a variety of high efficiency MODCOD selections. Configurable as a true DVB-S2&S2X broadcast modulator, demodulator or Modem and supports HTS, GEO and MEO mode operation with hitless antenna handover and satellite handover.
The CDM-760 Advanced High-Speed Trunking and Broadcast Modem was designed to be the most efficient, highest throughput, point-to-point modem available. Accommodating the most demanding Internet Service Providers, Broadcasters and cellular backhaul links by
offering users the most advanced combination of space segment saving capabilities while minimizing overhead.
Comtech CDM-760 Advanced High Speed Satellite Modem Features:
- Symbol Rate: 0.1 to 150 Msps
- Data Rate: 0.1 to >720 Mbps (Simplex), >1.4 Gbps (Duplex)
- DVB-S2 ETSI EN 302 307 & DVB-S2X EN 302 307-2 compliant
- DVB-S2-EB1&EB2 Efficiency Boost technology
- DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression
- ACM and CCM
- Embedded MetaCarrier DVB-CID ETSI TS 103 129
- GSE – low overhead <1% encapsulation
- K4 GZIP lossless compression
- Automatic Uplink Power Control (AUPC)
- Dynamic Pre-Distortion (DPD)
- Super Jumbo Frame 64 – 10,240 Byte Support (In Non Packet Processor Mode)
- Packet Processor with > 190,000 PPS simplex and > 350,000 PPS duplex
- 9,000 Byte Jumbo Frame (In Packet Processor Mode)
- Layer 3 Routed Mode operation with up to 256 static routes (>105,000 PPS simplex, >150,000 PPS duplex)
- Modulation: QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, 64APSK, 128APSK, 256APSK
- Dual IF: 70/140 MHz, L-Band and L-Band monitor (standard)
- LNB power and 10MHz reference, BUC 10MHz reference
- Data Interfaces
- 2 Gigabit 10/100/1000Base-T interfaces (standard)
- 1 Optical Gigabit interface (optional)
- Processes > 600,000 pps simplex, 1.2M pps duplex
- PIIC optional interface cards
- ASI (DVB Asynchronous Serial Interface)
- G.703 E3/T3/STS-1 (34.368, 44.736, 51.84 Mbps)
- STM-1 Copper SDH (155.52 Mbps)
- OC-3 SONET single mode or multi-mode 1300nm (155.52 Mbps)
- Multistream capable (Multi-Interface mux)
- Supports FSS, HTS, GEO, MEO and LEO mode operation
- Management: HTTP, SNMP, Telnet, RS-232/485 with In-band (over satellite) M&C control
- 1:1 and 1:N redundancy switching available
Comtech EF Data Corporation is a leading supplier of satellite bandwidth and link optimisation. Our high-performance satellite communications infrastructure solutions feature groundbreaking efficiency, robust intelligence and unparalleled horsepower. Commercial and government users around the world utilise our solution suite to reduce OPEX/CAPEX and to increase throughput for the most demanding fixed and mobile networks.
Comtech offers Satellite Ground Station Technology including satellite earth station products such as a single channel per carrier (SCPC) modems, Advanced VSAT modems, and satellite based travelling wave tube amplifiers (TWTAs). Comtech participates in a number of growth markets including satellite based cellular backhaul, HD television broadcast and in-flight connectivity.