Like all CPI Antenna Systems Division the 7.2-meter earth station antenna that provides high gain and excellent pattern characteristics through the use of precision stretch-formed reflector panels and advanced computer-shaped Cassegrain optics.
Corrugated conical feed horns ensure excellent antenna gain and sidelobe performance. Sixteen high-strength aluminium panels are durable enough to withstand a range of environmental conditions.
Antenna panels mount to radial trusses attached to a central hub without the need for field alignment. The hub also provides a protective enclosure for sensitive electronics.
The 7.2-meter earth station antenna includes a TORQUETUBE™ mount with continuous 110° of motorized azimuth coverage in three overlapping sectors. An optional mount configuration is available, that provides continuous 180° coverage. The high strength structural steel mount employs an elevation over- azimuth geometry for easy pointing to any satellite within the visible orbital arc. The mount’s stiff, rugged construction provides pointing accuracy for continuous operation, even under adverse wind conditions.
The TORQUETUBE™ design is the most cost-effective way to achieve superior pointing accuracy. An added bonus is the ease with which the ground level azimuth actuator sectors are changed. The hot-dip galvanized mount, all aluminium reflector, and stainless steel and galvanized hardware assures maximum product life.
• Compliant with FCC, ASIASAT, INTELSAT, EUTELSAT, ITU and more
• Meets INTELSAT Standard F-2, F-3 and E-3 requirements
• High-efficiency shaped Cassegrain optics
• Use with C-, X- or Ku-band systems (custom frequency options—consult factory)
• Minimal satellite repointing time with highspeed motorized option
• Large electronics space in the hub
• Precision high-strength structural steel TORQUETUBE™ mount
• 180° continuous azimuth coverage option
• Full line of feed, reflector, and mount options available including TT&C pointing upgrade
• CE compliant